Some schools are mediocre and other schools are considered elite. Rikkai Daigaku Fuzoku is in a whole different league than everyone else.
The organization is considered to be the finest school around. As a private academy, it has its pick of some of the best tennis players around, and the school won the Japanese National Tournament for the last two years. They aim for absolutely perfect wins.
Cosplaying as a tennis player for the Rikkaidai team is certainly a challenge that you're going to learn to love. After all, the school would have it no other way. Students are pounded into athletes through their unique training methods.
1) As one might expect from such a serious school, the Rikkaidai uniform is rather demure. Getting a pair of mustard colored trainers is a great way to start out when trying to build a complete costume.
2) Their polos match their trainers as well. They are mustard colored with a navy accent. In some images, it actually appears as though they were emblazoned with green accents. Perhaps you might want to experiment with a few different color combinations.
3) To finish the look, each of their athletes wears a matching windbreaker in the same color with the same accents. This certainly gives the school a polished look, which matches their unique record.
4) That being said, you shouldn't be too afraid of imperfections. While they might seem perfect, Rikkaidai actually did drop a match to Seigaku, which caused a pretty major mix-up in the world of tennis.
5) Yukimura Seiichi is a good pick for anyone who wants to cosplay as a member of the club. He's a man who never gives up, even when he's faced with a very serious medical disorder. If you decide to play as him, you should be ready to smile in the face of adversity.
6) You might also want to be ready with a green sweatband. Wearing such a headband has more or less become his trademark. He's actually almost never seen without it, especially when he's out on clay or grass.
7) His hair has a slight lavender blue tint to it. It's not nearly as purple as one might expect, but it's also not completely blue. If you want to find a wig to match, a little bit of careful effort would certainly be laudable. That being said there are products on the market that could very well match his hair.
8) Vice Captain Sanada Genichiro is very strict, and if you want to play as him you might try practicing a few facial expressions. If one says that Captain Yukimura's headband is his trademark then Sanada's is certainly his scowl.
9) He's also somewhat notable for wearing a blue baseball cap at all times. Most players have come to associate him with that cap, so wearing one, as part of your costume, is probably a good idea. The best part is that it's probably one of the least expensive items you'll have to acquire.
10) While it's a bad idea to walk around with shuteyes, you might want to keep yours closed if you're posing for a photo as Yanagi Renji. He always seems to have them shut for some reason. In that way, he actually almost seems like Fuji.
11) Cutting your hair into a bob shouldn't be too hard if you're not opposed to submitting yourself to a trim. That would certainly help you to look like Renji, but a wig would do just as well if you were not keen on sacrificing your real hair.
12) Speaking of hair, anyone who wants to play as second year student Kirihara Akaya will probably want to mess their own hair up. If Renji has a case of perpetual shuteye then Kirihara has a perpetual case of bed head.
13) Urayama Shiita doesn't look like any other character in the series. You might want to use a little blush on your cheeks if you intend to cosplay as him. His blush marks are rather prominent, and he's certainly the first character to have such a unique appearance despite how eccentric the rest of the Prince of Tennis characters already look.
14) Speaking of unique, you might want to spend a little time practicing with a comb or perhaps learn to style wigs. Shiita's hair is in the shape of an ice cream cone, so it could take a little practice to get it right.
15) Collect as many Prince of Tennis character goods as you can. That will give you the opportunity to see Rikkai Daigaku Fuzoku in action out on the court!You have the steps to be a Prince of Tennis character. Now it's time to dress the part of the Yamabuki Tennis Team:
|JOJO The Prince of Tennis◆Yamabuki Middle School jersey◆cosplay Costume|
Time Remaining: 7d 19h 47m
Buy It Now for only: $48.00
Buy It Now
|MUSICAL PRINCE OF TENNIS side YAMABUKI Live Japan CD 2005 Tenimyu Yuu Shirota|
Time Remaining: 4d 19h 23m
Buy It Now for only: $26.99
Buy It Now